Course Length: 3 days
All Service Management frameworks emphasize the need for measurable continual improvement at every stage of the IT Service Lifecycle to ensure ongoing business alignment and service value. A formal CSI program helps the service provider look for ways to enhance and improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
Successful Service Management requires the skills, tools and techniques for identifying, prioritizing and implementing opportunities for ongoing improvement. Based on the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) publication within the ITIL core library, this three (3) day course focuses on the strategies, concepts and techniques for creating and managing a metrics-driven CSI program to your Service Management initiative. The course culminates with the ITIL Intermediate Continual Service Improvement certification examination.
Embedded into the CSI course is the unique virtualization, Living the Lifecycle®. Woven through all H2 Performance Consulting's ITIL Certification classes, this virtualization brings concepts and processes to life. Within a virtual business environment, as a group, we introduce a service and then follow it from strategic decision through implementation.
This virtualization successfully enables active learning by encouraging the participants to:
• Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
• Apply concepts to a “neutral” real world situation
• Learn different perspectives
• Reinforce examinable concepts
Upon successful completion, learners will understand:
• Introduction to Continual Service Improvement
• Continual Service Improvement Principles
• Continual Service Improvement Process
• Continual Service Improvement Methods and Techniques
• Organization for Continual Service Improvement
• Technology for Continual Service Improvement
• Implementation Considerations
• Critical success factors and risks
ITIL Continual Service Improvement training is structured for anyone involved in the ongoing management of IT services including:
• CIOs, CTOs and other Senior IT management
• Service Management process managers and process owners
• Data analysts
• Internal auditors
• Any individuals requiring a detailed understanding of continual service improvement metrics, models and techniques
• Business and IT consultants involved in the high level implementation of Service Management processes
• Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Expert™ or ITIL Master qualification
• The ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management - obtained through ITIL V3 Foundation or Foundation Bridge Course.
• Learners must complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the Continual Service Improvement publication
In addition to in-depth intermediate level training, learners will be equipped to earn their ITIL Continual Service Improvement Intermediate Certificate in IT Service Management by achieving a passing score (70%) on the 90 minute exam consisting of eight (8) complex, multi-part, multiple choice scenario-based gradient scored questions.
The student will receive:
• Three (3) Days Instructor Led Training and Exercise Facilitation
• Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
• Sample Exams and Exam Preparation
• In-Class Examination
• Three (3) credits of the twenty two (22) required to achieve the ITIL Expert™ Certification
• Project Management Professionals earn 22 PDUs upon completion of this course